How to Use a Jump Starter
What is a Jump Starter and How Do You Use It?
If you are someone who frequently drives or uses vehicles, you will not be unfamiliar with this situation. It may happen in the early morning when you are just setting out, or it may happen during your journey. The worst case is when it happens at night, and you have to wait for a long time in a dark environment until your friend brings a Jump Starter to help you.
The most likely reason why your car stalled is because the battery is dead. This is why we need to keep a Jump Starter in our car for convenience. Carrying a portable jump starter, like the Autogen 4500A jump starter, it can usually hold a charge for up to a year if not be used, and can also provide fast charging for your mobile devices when you need it.
Perhaps next time, you can use your Autogen Jump Starter to help strangers whose cars have stalled due to a dead battery.
What is a Jump Starter?
Jump starters usually consist of a lithium-ion battery, charger, and a jumper starter. The jumper starter has two interface cables, red and black, which connect to the positive and negative terminals of the engine. Follow the instructions in the manual to start the vehicle, as the operation of different jump starters may vary.
Autogen Series Jump Starters, on the other hand, support one-click start for the vehicle. In just a few seconds, your car can be restarted.
When Do You Need to Use a Jump Starter?
Generally speaking, when the battery of your vehicle is below a certain level, the vehicle will not start.
You may need to use a Jump Starter if:
- The vehicle won't start: When you turn the key or press the start button, the vehicle doesn't respond.
- The vehicle makes a clicking sound: When you turn the key or press the start button, the vehicle makes a clicking sound, but it won't start.
If you encounter these situations, you can try to seek help over the phone first. However, if no one is available to help, or you want to resolve the issue quickly, using a Jump Starter is a fast and convenient solution.
How Do You Use a Jump Starter?
Now let's introduce how to use a Jump Starter. We will take the Autogen 4500A Jump Starter as an example to demonstrate how to operate it.
- Check the power of the Autogen Jump Starter. Make sure the Autogen Jump Starter has enough power to provide sufficient energy to start the vehicle. You can press the power button on the Autogen Jump Starter to check the power.
- Connect the Autogen Jump Starter to the vehicle's battery, ensuring that the connection is correct. Generally, the red cable is connected to the positive pole of the battery, and the black cable is connected to the negative pole of the battery.
- Autogen provides a one-button quick start for the vehicle. Press the start button, and the vehicle should start in a few seconds. If it doesn't start, check your cable connections and try starting again.
Once the vehicle has successfully started, you can disconnect the Autogen Jump Starter from the vehicle and continue on your journey.
- Before using the Jump Starter, be sure to read the manual carefully to avoid incorrect operation.
- When connecting the Jump Starter, make sure the cable connections are correct to avoid damaging the vehicle or Jump Starter.
- When using the Jump Starter, avoid touching the cables or electrical components to prevent electric shock or other hazards.